Complete France Forum

Underground waste pipes

oldgit72

Are the 100mm waste pipes used to take waste water/sewerage out of the property suitable to use underground or do I need to use something different to connect to the mains fosse? In the UK you are supposed to use brown pipe which I believe is more robust than the grey pipe for going underground but I cannot see anything similar in France.

Thanks.

I cannot answer your question .

To elaborate on your reference to UK.

In the UK ,both grey and ,"brown/orange" colour, underground pipes , are the same quality/thickness

The underground pipe is orange to make it easier to identify, if and when at a later stage digging takes place .

hi ok

You should use 110 mm pipe  from the house to the fosse but it`s a bit pricey ...and you cannot get it from the brico`s so it`s not used much  .   Bonne Homme stock it if you want to go that route

.  The 110 mm has rubber joints that allows for expansion of the pipe/ soil movement

100m is ok but do not glue it  for the above reason

Dave

hi ok

Yes ....   but you should get one with the tank ... the inlet for the tank is 110 mm rubber seal type fitting  with a 110-100mm reducer pre-fitted  ( well all the plastic tanks i have fitted have ) 

Dave

[quote user="DaveOlive"]

hi ok

You should use 110 mm pipe  from the house to the fosse but it`s a bit pricey ...and you cannot get it from the brico`s so it`s not used much  .   Bonne Homme stock it if you want to go that route

.  The 110 mm has rubber joints that allows for expansion of the pipe/ soil movement

100m is ok but do not glue it  for the above reason

Dave

[/quote]

I had a company in to fit the latest fosse which included a bit of fiddling/jointing old/new pipes, and I noticed they glued all the joints, both there and everywhere else.

I asked him about this and he demonstrated by putting two length of 4m together and said, "look, they lock themselves together every bit as tightly as glueing so won't 'give' at all, but they will still weep water out of the joint and cause the area around the joint to be waterlogged and sink. That's why we glue them".

Makes sense to me !

Besides, I'm not keen on the idea of the contents of the loo seeping into the subsoil enroute to the fosse.

Glue the beggers !

p

add - also you should consider that in some cases (certainly mine) soil pipes running from the house to the fosse may be less than 25m from a well, even if the fosse itself is safely beyond that. You certainly don't want pipe joints leaking their contents into the subsoil in that case.

Archived