Complete France Forum

A new land tax?

Théière

[quote user="Théière"]Just heard from our French neighbours that there is to be a new land tax, does anyone know anything about this and does it apply to farm land or just large gardens? [/quote]

I've come across mention of two issues:

a) the intention to revalue the base values used in calculation of the Td'H and TF - something that has been promised many times but has yet to occur. The base values are supposed to be linked to the rental value of the property. Currently, the base values were established in 1970 and increased by indexation, ignoring changes in the real rentable value of the property, and leading to much inconsistency in values and hence tax paid. This revaluation seems to be becoming more likely, although it is still not clear whether it will be done on a "one fell swoop" basis or as property is sold or transferred.

b) the replacement of the taxe professionelle with a "cotisation fonciere des enterprises", based on the rental value of property occupied by a business, plus a "cotisation sur la valeur ajoutee des entreprises". These are happening.

Oh yes, and according to "les Echos", in the long term the TdH is for the chop, since increasing numbers of people receive relief from significant parts of it. I now have the original report link (which posits this as one option):

http://www.ccomptes.fr/fr/CPO/documents/divers/Rapport_fiscalite_locale_conseil_des_prelevements_obligatoires.pdf

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="Théière"]

Just heard from our French neighbours that there is to be a new land tax, does anyone know anything about this and does it apply to farm land or just large gardens?

[/quote]

As none of my land is "new", I guess this wont apply to me, all of mine is millions of years old.

BTW, fully agree with your comments on Strasburg on another thread, why did it get deleted I wonder ???

Archived