Complete France Forum

Waste pipes, inside or out

Pieman

Hi All, i have a house in 53 dept. I am thinking about re-plumbing our bathroom, the easiest way is to put the waste pipes through the wall and down the outside of the building, but someone told me that you were not alloud to do that in France and you had to run them inside the house and out at ground level.  

Has anyone heard similar, or is it just c**p... 

I find that very hard to believe, but this is France so god knows what the truth is. I've got the waste pipes running inside behind a false wall, only because the house backs onto a farmer's yard. Aesthetically it's better to have them inside the house, IMO.

Thanks for your replys so far.

I must admit, when i was first told you could n't run them outside and down the wall, i made a point of looking for waste pipes coming out of other peoples houses and i did n't  see any when  i was driving along the road, although  most bathrooms tend to be at the back of the house.

I don,t know if any of you have your waste pipes exposed ......

Hi Badger, So did you do your plumbing work yourself, or did you get an artisan in to do it and if so did he just do the work how he felt was the best way .

When you say you will cover it eventually, do you mean you will box it in, or ........... 

I did all the plumbing work myself but talked with the French guy who did all the terrassement for the fosse & rainwater drainage. He knew how I was having to run the waste pipes & never said it was an issue to have them outside, but to be aware of the possibility of freezing.

Yes, it will all be boxed in eventually, unless I re-route the whole lot in the light of changes of mind inside the house.......

My waste pipes from the upstairs bathroom run outside the house, they are painted the same colour as the exterior, never has any comments about it being incorrect and it is an old house so they've been there a while.................[blink]

Archived