Complete France Forum

Disposing of corrugated cement sheeting

PaulT

There is an outbuilding attached to our property in France with corrugated sheeting on it.

My fear is that it contained asbestos. However, I have just had a piece that broke off in a storm tested by a UK lab and it has come back as no asbestos detected.

I now have two options, bring them back to the UK and dispose of them here or, preferably, dispose of them in France (I have read that if you put them by the road they disappear but our house is at the end of a track). Would I need to get a lab report from a French lab, a translation of the UK document or will there normally be no questions asked at the decheterie. I hasten to add that had asbestos been detected then I would be looking at alternate safe methods of disposal.

Paul

A coincidence that you should ask this Paul. I was at the Mirande dechetterie this morning and there were several large sheets of corrugated roofing in the Tout Venant bin. I think it was that slightly flexible stuff, a darkish colour.

Might be worth you asking there as it's not that far from you.

Dechetteries seem to vary in what they will accept.

Thanks Pat.

Will admit never had any problem at our local decheterie - especially when we tried to clear an area and took some wood down that was suitable for a wood burner. I was told to make a separate pile whilst one of the workers went to get his trailer.

If not will try Mirande - from what we have seen the workers have a little side line flogging off usable stuff.

Paul

Archived