Complete France Forum

Woodburner with rads.

Lancashire Lass

Thanks for your reply. Our house is 'newish' in French terms built in the early 1970's I think. Some insulation including some secondary double glazing. We are there for about 13 or so weeks a year usually including over Christmas and New Year so do need some serious heating at that time.

We are just going to have our foyer fermé replaced. To qualify for the full 40% credit d'impot you (obviously) must be a french taxpayer and the old woodburner must be removed. If you have none to remove you only qualify for 25% credit d'impot. In our case, I believe it is because the house is more than 5 years old we also qualify for 5.5% TVA. The appliance must meet the norms and we are told must be supplied and fitted by the same company. Here in Correze there is apparantly an additional €400 grant available. So the bottom line (net) for a 15kw foyer with all neccessary tubage, capot and rebuilding the false chimney brest will be about €2100.

Annie, from my research it appears that it is possible to change your old oil boiler for an air source heat pump, connected to your existing radiator set up.  The pump does the same thing (heat and hot water) but without the hassle of fuel ordering/storage; which could be handy in your situation.  If you like I can email you details of the crowd that we're using for ours.

Archived