Complete France Forum

3am Rude Awakening...

Dog

The wifelet awoke me with some urgency at 3am last night and it wasn't for the usual reason.

She had woken up thinking there was a terrible rainstorm outside - except it wasn't.

There was steam escaping from our ensuite and a stream running through the bedroom.

She opened the bathroom door and was engulfed in steam and a tsunami.

The flexible hot hose to the tap had fractured dumping hot water at great pressure.

Luckily it was sunny today and I have spent the day drying out books and kites from the room downstairs - I lost a lot of tissue kites. Bloomin' annoying as they are difficult to replace.

We now realise we have had all the original flexible hoses to sinks and basins replaced after only four years.

The others have just dripped or weeped and I got blamed for widdling on the downstairs loo floor!

September has just been a series of pants events - the hammock collapsed - one end is attached to a tree the other to a large 8 inch diameter post into the earth.

It broke - my head was at that end and the post smacked my forehead then cartwheeled over between my legs - skinning them badly in the process.

I dropped three foot and somehow was not knocked out but still feel dizzy a week later.

Happy days - things can't get worse - can they?

[quote user="Dog"]

The wifelet awoke me with some urgency at 3am last night and it wasn't for the usual reason.

She had woken up thinking there was a terrible rainstorm outside - except it wasn't.

There was steam escaping from our ensuite and a stream running through the bedroom.

She opened the bathroom door and was engulfed in steam and a tsunami.

The flexible hot hose to the tap had fractured dumping hot water at great pressure.

Luckily it was sunny today and I have spent the day drying out books and kites from the room downstairs - I lost a lot of tissue kites. Bloomin' annoying as they are difficult to replace.

We now realise we have had all the original flexible hoses to sinks and basins replaced after only four years.

The others have just dripped or weeped and I got blamed for widdling on the downstairs loo floor!

September has just been a series of pants events - the hammock collapsed - one end is attached to a tree the other to a large 8 inch diameter post into the earth.

It broke - my head was at that end and the post smacked my forehead then cartwheeled over between my legs - skinning them badly in the process.

I dropped three foot and somehow was not knocked out but still feel dizzy a week later.

Happy days - things can't get worse - can they?

[/quote]

Hi Dog,

There has been a dramatic improvement in your posts recently !

This September has been bad for us as well.  We have had all sorts of bad events happen but in our new bathroom the pipe behind the shower tap cracked in the middle of the night and flooded behind the wall and through the ceiling below so appears we have had similar experiences.[:(] Luckily no hit on the head though, touch wood! [:)]

[quote user="WJT"]This September has been bad for us as well.  We have had all sorts of bad events happen but in our new bathroom the pipe behind the shower tap cracked in the middle of the night and flooded behind the wall and through the ceiling below so appears we have had similar experiences.[:(] Luckily no hit on the head though, touch wood! [:)][/quote]

Exactly the sane happened to us after the ensuite was plumbed in.

The bloomin' pipe that blew off was behind the false wall for the shower so we had to break through the tiles to mend it.

In future we will do all the work ourselves then we can actualy get hold of the bodge artist that caused the fault.

Archived