Complete France Forum

Rendering boundary walls on neighbours side

Postie

Thanx all for your responses.

I realise the "moral implications" but think I would be only too happy to pay for rendering on my side if my neighbour paid for the building of the wall. All I really wanted to know is if my source had got his facts right.

[quote user="ericd"]I would be much P*** Off is my neighbour was to erect a wall in parpaing half on my land without making good the finished work.[/quote]

Sorry EricD, but why would anyone build their wall "half on your land????

Postie

[quote user="ericd"]I would be much P*** Off is my neighbour was to erect a wall in parpaing half on my land without making good the finished work.[/quote]

If my neighbour built a wall or part of a wall on my land; there would be a Constat by a Huissier, and an Assignation with Saisine of the nearest Tribunal d-Instance.[:)]

[quote user="Postie"]Oooooops! Don't how that happened & I don't know to get rid of it either....... Postie[/quote]

Go into TOOLS on the top right hand side. Tick the COMPATIBILITY VIEW and all should be working fine.

When you mentioned the word "Boundary" i assumed the wall was to be astride both properties.

We bought our house as it is now: "clos de murs", and the back wall, which is rendered on our side, is parpaing on the neighbours' side, always has been. Similarly, one wall (only a tiny bit of which is visible) belonging to another neighbour is  parpaing on our side. Oddly, the people from whom we bought the house clearly went to the trouble to render the walls belonging to them, both on the inside (i.e. visible from the house, and on the outside facing the road. However, they didn't render the parpaing on their side of the neighbours' wall, nor on the other neighbours' side of their wall. Have I ever given it a second thought? No. The neighbours who have a parpaing view of our wall don't seem to care, and we've painted the other neighbours' parpaing white and grown a clematis Montana all over it.

In principle assuming the parpaing side is exactly on the boundary,as it should be "mur de cloture"; then the neighbour can " enduire" the parpaings to his personal taste as that additional thickness will belong to him. If at a later date he wishes to use the wall for a support then he will have to exercise his right to acquire the " mitoyenéte" of that portion of the wall, etc, etc.

Let's not forget that a boundary wall being a "mur de cloture" requires a Declaration Préalable and the mayor could establish conditions as to the finishing of the wall.

If the property is located within a "lotissement" then the "Cahier de Lotissement " may establish requirements for all boundary walls; note that "Cahiers" have a limited life and eventually reversion to the Code Civil and Code d"Urbanisme occurs.

And if your proposed boundary wall is within 500 metres of a "Monument national" then the Architecte de Batiments de France may also get a nose in.

[quote user="Postie"]No probs EricD - thanx for the advice but I cannot find the "tools" anywhere on the forum site (???????)[/quote]

Its not on this site but part of your browser set  up.

At the top of the screen  just under the blue band  there should be  : File  Edit  View  History  Bookmarks  TOOLs  Help (or similar)

Archived