Complete France Forum

Non-constructible Land

I posted this one with a different title but got no takers, so I thought I'd have another try.

Does anyone know how the limits of use for a terrain de loisirs (leisure land, non constructible) are defined? For example, how long could I stay there at any one visit?

If anyone can point me at the appropriate regulations I'd be grateful.

I'm tempted to consider living permanently in a motor caravan ('camping car') for the first few years of my retirement. The idea would be to have a terrain de loisirs  as a base in France and to tour a fair bit.

I would also be interested in this as the land that goes with our house is 'non-constructible' although my neighbour is adamant that he is going to build his swimming pool.  We were told specifically by our lawyer when we bought this house that non-constructible definitely meant, not even a swimming pool, not that we want one.  However I do have a friend who wants to camp on the land in a yurt for part of each year and perhaps try some green building methods, a shelter or perhaps a shed to store his stuff on it, and so would be interested in others' experiences.

Archived