Complete France Forum

Electric staplers

CeeJay

I am having to fit quite a large area of insulation mince to the inside of the roof and afterwards plasterboard over. To make life easier I intend to tack the insulation to the overhead rafters with an electric staple gun.

There are quite a lot to choose from, from the cheaper, probably 'hobby' guns, to the very expensive professional models.

If anyone has experience of using these staplers in similar circumstances I would welcome any suggestions as to which might be the more reliable, without breaking the bank, and for only a limited amount of use.

Quillan

Thanks for that. I do have an Arrow heavy duty manual stapler, but I have calculated I need about 700x14mm staples, put in at 6" spacing, to complete the job and with the onset of arthritis in the thumbs I am trying to make it easier!!

'Tis a b****r getting old!

Have you thought about going along a different route. I bought a compressor about two years ago and have been getting a few bits of kit to go with it. Very handy for pumping up the car, ride on mower and bicycle tyres, I also have a nail gun for it and a crepe/emulsion sprayer, the latter for painting the outside of my house. You can also buy an air powered stapler. To be honest it was one of those things where it was reduced to 99 Euros and something I have never owned before and more of an impulse buy yet now I find I use it about once a month an perhaps twice in the summer. The 'air blaster' is excellent for cleaning things in the garden like the mower. Just a thought.

Yep, if you have a compressor, or could maybe use one as Q mentioned, then I would get an air stapler. The compressor will be a versatile addition to the tool shed, powering various accessories which you can buy as and when you need them.

Alongside the mechanics tools, I have an air nail gun, which is an absolute God-send and an air stapler will be next on the list.

Only drawback is you either need a long hose to leave the compressor outside the room you are working in, or use a shorter one and put up with its noise as it fills every now and then. However, some of the wee portable ones are very quiet and should still have enough puff for these sorts of tools.

Archived