Complete France Forum

Hand washbasins in bedrooms

mint

LOL, GG, I do think we Brits set too much store by facilities for cleansing ourselves.!

A loo and bathroom for EACH person in the house seem about the norm.

Gemonimo can attest to the fact that, on the Camino, we count ourselves lucky if there is a shower, loo, washbasin for fewer than TWENTY people.[:'(]

Mind you, I had words with the OH about his using MY bathroom and leaving toothpaste marks on MY basin....!

Gotta be sensible about all this stuff.  I understand that the Japanese are pernickety about personal hygiene so I can't help but think of all those people wearing their masks and camping out in temporary shelters since the earthquake![+o(]

I think I'm going to forget about wash handbasins for the time being.  It seems the only sensible thing to do....

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"][quote user="sweet 17"]

Perhaps I should mention that the sanitary arrangements are upstairs so that they do have to come upstairs to use the loo and the shower.

[/quote]

Or if you have handbasins in the rooms it could save going upstairs at all  [:-))][+o(]

[/quote]

Mmm - I work on the estate side of an NHS Trust and at one time that was what happened. The males were not so bad - it was the females sitting on them and pulling them off of the wall that was the problem.

Paul

[quote user="sweet 17"]I have now more or less decided, Paul, that I will provide one of those jug- and-pitcher thingies and a chamber pot and they can empty out their own slops![/quote]

We called these essential items , "a ewer and basin" and  called the potty a "gazunder" ( it goes under the bed )

Archived