Complete France Forum

Wood burner baffle plate orientation?

crossy67

We finally got our burner installed but have a small problem.  When it was transported we had to remove all the linings now we have put it all back together I can't remember which way round the top baffle plate goes.  The burner has a vent across the top (air wash system?), do the holes in the baffle plate go under this or right at the back of te stove directly under the flue?  I am thinking it should go with the holes under the vents so the heat has to pass in front of the air vents encouraging more burn time.  What do you think?

Ta

We have two different makes of woodburner and neither of them have holes in the top horizontal baffle plate. However when the plate is in position there is a gap at the front (nearest the door) so the exhaust, for want of a better word, has to go round this and then back to where the flue pipe starts. I assume that the baffle is there to stop the very hot gases going straight up the flue.

I'm surprised that you haven't got an instruction diagram with your burner. You could try Googling for the make, often manuals/instructions are downloadable from the manufacturer.

We haven't got ours lit at the moment! [:D][:-))]

Archived