Complete France Forum

Water Pressure Pump

David S

I hope that someone can help. About 3 years ago I wanted to increase the pressure on my entire water system in the house so that all showers etc ran with really good pressure. I bought a very expensive (€600) Grundfos MQ3-45 pump and installed it about 2 metres beyond my mains inlet. For over 2 years it worked brilliantly but over the past year it stopped kicking in when it should and there is no pressure switch adjustment on it. I bought an inexpensive (£160) new Draper water pressure pump with a header tank in case that was the problem but I can't get that to work either - even if I adjust the pressure switch. If I turn the mains tap to almost "off" both the Grundfos and the Draper work - but that's defeating the object! Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Could it be that the village mains pressure has improved to the point where the pumps can't cut in as the incoming pressure is too high? If so, it still isn't great for showering. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I should also mention that I'm happy to pay someone to come and look at it if they can fix it. Thanks, David

Archived