Complete France Forum

Hygena - still OK?

Chrissie

Does anyone know whether Hygena are still actively in business in France?  I ask because I am looking to replace a kitchen and thought I would use Hygena, who did a great job on another kitchen about 3-4 years ago.  But our local branch now seems very run down, the selection of stuff on display is poor and the new catalogue is small and useless.  The girl in the branch told me they were going to be refitted sometime next year, but I wasn't convinced.  There seem to be very few other branches within reasonable driving distance.  I also hadn't realised until now that Hygena no longer operate in the UK.

Any info?

Chrissie (81)

Hygena used to be owned by MFI, with a distinct French subsidiary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hygena 

There are several shops in my departement (56).

I had a quick google and found this -- seems to be usual mix of happy & unhappy customers.

http://forum.aufeminin.com/forum/loisirs3/__f22878_loisirs3-Je-vais-faire-mon-devis-pour-ma-cuisine-chez-hygena-a-quoi-penser-et-quoi-demander.html

Thanks for that - shows I should have done more homework.  It appears that Hygena in France is the kitchen/bathroom outlet for Nobia.  By all accounts they are interested in continuing/strengthening the brand, so perhaps the local refit story is genuine.  I'll have to do a longer drive to check out the only other store in our dept, but I do like their stuff.

Just as an aside, am I the only person who cannot see the charm in the current trend towards kitchen units in sickly pink, oozy purple or livid lime green?  (Obviously not THEIR choice of names....!)    I could go for a nice burgundy possibly, or even a white/apple green combo, but that seems too tame for any manufacturer to display.

Chrissie (81)

Cherry red is what I have ordered from Leroy Merlin, you might like to look at them. Have been around for ages and they offer a fitting service. I will be fitting my own but I practiced on a friend's first. I did compare them to Brico Depot and asked on the forum but in the end I stuck with LM.

Archived