Complete France Forum

Kitchen from Brico Depot

Bonny Lass

Get it from Leroy Merlin. Get a loyalty card first and buy half your kitchen. You will get 5% off the first 1k or 2k of purchases (I can't remember which) then buy the other half and get 10% off. Some units also have a 10% discount so if you play your cards right you could get 15% of the first half and 20% of the second.

Having fitted two Leroy Merlin kitchen they do fit together quite well but as far as I can tell they are the same, or similar carcasses. What I do prefer is the 'buying experience' at LM and I have changed the design of my kitchen twice which has involved taking bits back and buying alternatives and this has not been a problem. The only big issue I had with them was delivery. I bought and paid for my kitchen three weeks before I needed it, it arrived over two weeks late and then only after the threat of cancelling the whole order. Mind you in hindsight (a wonderful thing) they do the same as Brico Depot and hire out vans so lesson learnt buy it, rent a van for they and take it yourself.

I am also told that Ikea do quite good kitchens but the problem could be delivery. Some stores, I am told, do deliver big items but I don't know if that is country wide or depends on each individual store. You also have to 'apply' for brochure online and it's posted out to you with the prices etc. I like their gadgets for storing stuff, some are quite clever. I seem to remember, although it may of changed, that id something was £100 in the UK then it was 100 Euros over here so the numbers stay the same but the currency changes.

One problem you do have in France is 'invisible joints' in the work surface because they don't sell the jig or bolts over here. You can get one from Screwfix and bring it with you if you want to do these sort of joints. LR also do a great selection of sealers that match their kitchen colours which is very helpful although you do have to go look for them as they are obviously in another part of the store.

Ikea will deliver country wide afaik.  They certainly deliver to deepest Ardèche - but at a price.

UK to French prices vary a great deal and are not as simple as Q says.  Sometimes the French item will be cheaper, sometimes the UK (but then you have to think about getting the stuff from the UK to France).

Archived