Complete France Forum

Help needed understanding advert

carl1

[quote user="Benjamin"]... if a room is over 40 sq mtrs then it is counted as two rooms.
[/quote]

This is what our insurance says too; but I think the size allowance may vary between insurance companies. I have heard of a company who thinks a sejour bigger than 30 m2 should be counted as 2 rooms.

Sue

When we built  houses, we consulted the DDE. What you are saying is correct and not only affects insurance but also the computation of Tax F and Habit. We ensured that all plans submitted ensured that the Sejour was less than 40m2. Attention to the construction of a kitchen yields other financially positive results.

ams

Here are some more useful French property terms: Real Estate Glossary

Is it true that the French system of measuring metres squared of habitable space does not include the "sweep" of a door? That is, if I put in two (largish) french doors between two rooms which currently just have an arch-way, I would lose 1.5m2 (ish)?

It depends who you are giving the measurements to!  We have just completed the dreaded 'H2' and according to the Hôtel des Impots, built in cupboards do count towards the m2 for taxes, even though they do not count for the Loi Carre when you are selling!

Don't you just love it here!! I wouldn't be anywhere else, but sometimes,aghhh, I wonder if I'll ever get on top of it![:P]

Archived