Complete France Forum

Floor and wall tiles

PaulT

Not found any chains Paul, but there are plenty of independents - at a price.

It might be worth your while trying to source from Spain or Italy if you have the patience and if you need to do a lot.

I ended up sourcing 100m² from a German brico shed - 8.50/m² which was about 1/3rd the cost at the local independent for a similar tile.

Paul, our experience of the independents was that if you showed any interest at all, you were immediately offered a good deal - at least 40 per cent off the marked price. So if you see something you like, but out of your price range don't be afraid to ask. In the event, we bought from a brico shed, and hauling them back in our remorque 50 km was quite far enough!

kathy

[quote user="PaulT"]

Apart from the Brico sheds are there chains in France such as the likes of Topps Tiles in the UK?

Also is there any benefit of going in to Spain for tiles and if so where are the best places.

Thanks

Paul

[/quote]

In my experience tiles are better value, and there is more choice, in Spain. I located matching tiles for our house from an italian manufacturer; their agent in Spain gave us a much better price than the one in France.

We usually go to Figueres for tiles. There are two large retailers in the industrial area, on the RHS of the main road immediately south of the town.

Archived