Complete France Forum

Colle en pate pour carrelage mural

CeeJay

I bought a small tub of this stuff to put up some mosaic tiles in a small salle d'eau. Having about half the tub left over I am wondering if I could use it as jointing between the tiles. Normally UK stuff say it is for sticking and jointing but this does not. Any thoughts?

As no-one else has replied I will! We've just tiled the kitchen and used the tile fixative in a tub, but it wasn't the same as 'Fix and Grout' in the UK. For grouting we bought a powder grout, which is mixed with water. 

Pommier, thanks for the lone reply! Actually I now think that if I used the cement it would stick quite hard to the face of the tiles, but the special grouting stuff when dry rubs off easily, so I guess I've answered my own question!!

Late reply, sorry (probably too late!).

For all of my wall tiling I have specifically chosen tile adhesive/grout, just to make life easier, like this one:

http://www.castorama.fr/store/Colle--joint-pate-blanc-15-kg-PRDm525474.html?navAction=jump&isSearchResult=true

If you tell us what make you got perhaps we can tell you whether yours is dual-purpose, but "joint" or "jointoiement" is the clue. If it doesn't say, then it's probaly not suitable for both pruposes.

Archived