Complete France Forum

Treatments for wood eating insects

I just posted on "Legal" regarding a possible crisis with capricorn, termite etc

It's not proven I have it, not done a new diagnostic yet, at least for termite, as we have wood worm I know, and all the visible wood has been treated with Pyrethrim every 5 years.

I'm a bit dubious about traditional " Rentokil" style spray on treatments, as I want a proper job done if I'm going to pay out mega Euros, so looking for folk who may have had recent experience of top belt and braces protection.

Something called Sentri-tec looked promising with a slightly better attitude to the problem, with traps and chemical, but the one that really floated my boat was Termidor, which, like some new wasp nest destruction makes the insects the vector of their own demise by taking the active ingredient, back to the nest before dying, thereby totally destroying all, and comprehensively too.

I wonder if any one has used this, even if its available in France, and if so a pointer to companies would be good, should our worst fears be realised.

Even if not I think it provides a much better barrier to possible infestation as its put in the ground, outside and around a property so any scouts are sorted before they get to a sprayed loft!

Archived