Complete France Forum

When buying land are the boundaries / bornage the responsibility of the seller

I am in the process of buying some building land which adjoins a field owned by the same vendor.  Is it right that the vendor is obliged, due to a recent change in the law, to have the bornage done at his cost on the land I am buying.  The estate agent is trying to tell me that we should share the costs, but I understood that it was not possible to sell the land without having a bornage done.  please help

Flatcoat I have just sold one of my parcels of land with planning permission etc, the cost of the Geomet was  paid by myself [that is the land boundary perimiter] 1200 euros, the cost of that was incorporated in my selling price If you are asking who pays for the fencing or hedge etc or owns the new boundary, thats up to the guy who is selling the land to have stipilated. I did not want the bother or expense of the new boundary separating my land ,so in the agreement was written  that the new owner is responsable to construct all fences/gates within 1 year of purchase.The Geomet work must be done before the exchange of contracts. The next barn/land we are going to sell is going to be done differently ,The buyer can decide on the amount of land they want and pay all costs of the Geomet.hope it helps .Michael.

Archived