Complete France Forum

Wood???

Jonzjob

We had some clown at our gate earlier today. He was trying to sell us volets of 'wood'??

I was in my workshop turning a bit of oak into lots of likkle bits of shavings on my lathe and didn't see him. He left a 'flier' giving info on the wonderful volets in 'wood' ?

It turns out that the latest wood in France is made from pure polyurethane and much better/eco/christ knows what else than yer actual real wood [:-))] (Thinks ?? I wonder how it turns? and do I have the kit to counter the fumes/dust/c r a p it would give off?)

http://www.bati-renov.eu/wood-eco-concept/

Wood it ain't and how are they allowed to call a 'pure' (?) plastic wood?

What's the problem I bet your house contains synthetic materials I never seen a wooden tv , plastics are everywhere

Whilst I like wood with the exception of a few Clock surrounds garden implement handles and chair legs I dislike turned wood, its days are over totally impracticable

[quote user="grumpyaudeman"]What's the problem I bet your house contains synthetic materials I never seen a wooden tv , plastics are everywhere

Whilst I like wood with the exception of a few Clock surrounds garden implement handles and chair legs I dislike turned wood, its days are over totally impracticable[/quote]

What's the problem? the plastics and primary chemicals are seriously polluting the ocean which is the planets life support.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/12/12/250438904/how-plastic-in-the-ocean-is-contaminating-your-seafood

http://planetearth.nerc.ac.uk/news/story.aspx?id=1343

[quote user="grumpyaudeman"]What's the problem I bet your house contains synthetic materials I never seen a wooden tv , plastics are everywhere

Whilst I like wood with the exception of a few Clock surrounds garden implement handles and chair legs I dislike turned wood, its days are over totally impracticable[/quote]

Yup, plastics are everywhere and as TP said, the oceans are full of them! I love wood, including a lot of clock faces.

I have never seen a clock surrounds garden implement handle though? [Www]

As for turned wood [:-))] Not too sure what that is [:-))] touchez du bois!

Having read the advert these plastic shutters are guaranteed for 10 years. Two things come to mind, firstly mine are wood and they are 30 years old and still going strong. They get painted every eight to nine years, still look good and still function. The second thing is my experience of UPVC windows is that the colour starts to change, even on the more expensive ones. Sure they still, after 10 years, function properly just like new but they start to look dirty and of course there are issues with painting them. I should think the change in colour of the blue ones they show will be quite bad. So all in all I would rather stick with my wooden ones and would not even contemplate putting them on a new house. Thats before we get on the the environmental unfriendliness of them.

Archived