Door sizes - help

lh

Hi,

We're looking to buy a couple of internal doors with frames which will fit into an opening, not onto the edge. Can someone help with sizing.

When a size is quoted as 73 or 83cm, is that the size of the actual door itself.

There are two options for the frame - 72*46 or 93*46 - can someone help with which dimension is which as quoted. I'm guessing that the 46mm is the depth through from one side of the door/frame to the other and the 72 or 93 is the width

So if we bought an 83 door , what size opening would we need for each of the different frames?

Thanks, Lynne

73/83 is door width.

The 72 and 93mm dimenions are the depth of the frame corresponding to a placo wall using either 50mm or 70mm montants, the other dimension is probably the thickness of the section but dont count on it being as they say, also there may be a couple of lips above that dimension to cover the edge of the placo.

I build my walls around the doors.

When cutting the bottoms of the frame sides (they are overlength) remember to take into account your floor finish, tile, laminate, underlay etc.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

As these are existing openings in thick masonry walls, we haven't got that option. It looks as if we'll need an opening slightly bigger than the 73/83, but some of that 46mm will be the rebate for the door to sit into. Knowing that the 72/93 are the depth, I think we'll probably go for the bigger one as that will give us more surface on the outside of the frame to fix to the wall of the opening. We'd like to get the doors fitted before the plasterer starts work.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]It gives a mottled look that I really don't like. It is quicker of course, but a hand painted door looks better !

Chancer does not paint his doors .
..lol[/quote]

Perhaps you need to change the texture of the roller.

Chancer does not paint his doors  is that a recommendation or a critisism?

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]It gives a mottled look that I really don't like. It is quicker of course, but a hand painted door looks better !

Chancer does not paint his doors .
..lol[/quote]

Perhaps you need to change the texture of the roller.

Chancer does not paint his doors  is that a recommendation or a critisism?

Chancer paints all his doors with a brush using Lidl paint labelled in Polish and sold for €1.99 in Noz.

Chancer cannot abide seeing doors left in the dull white primer coat, around here all the landlords leave them like that then charge the outgoing tenant for redecorating them which they dont do so they can hit the next one ad infinitum. When people move out they continue paying rent for a month while they redecorate to avoid being stung.

To date every one of my renters has recovered 100% of their caution.