Front Door Handle - technical term in French

spj

I'm looking for a front door handle on line and I need one that has an upwards action as well as down for the extra locking of the bolts into the frame.

Please could someone tell me what is the French technical term for door handles with this action. At the moment I can't tell from the descriptions which can and can't do this.

Thanks

Thank you everyone for your replies. I can assure you that not all door handles have the capability to turn UP as well as down. The reason I know this is that the existing door handle does NOT. That did not prevent one of our gite guests this summer doing his absolute best to FORCE it to turn upwards! So we now have a wonky door handle and I want to replace it with one that does. I may have to go into our brico and ask them. I was just trying to save myself a journey since I already know they don't have any handles that I like.

PaulT, I don't think just uPVC, as the first time I met met them was on the family holiday home we have in France and that had a wooden glazed door.  Certainly all our uPVC doors here have them, but I thought that was a French thing and nothing to do with the material ..

Judith wrote : Certainly all our uPVC doors here have them, but I thought that was a French thing and nothing to do with the material ..

Our daughter's external, upvc doors in the UK .. both front and back .. have the same locking system .. and they bought their house from new in 1998.

Multipoint lock mechanisms are not new, they became the UPVC door lock of choice because UPVC door are so easy to break into. In fact a multipoint mechanism on a UPVC door is also pretty useless if it doesn't have top and bottom shoot bolts and just locks into keeps along the side.

It's the rotation of the handle that makes the difference for the OP some only go about 110 deg to cover 90 deg and a bit of tolerance in fitting. Other will go further, it's usually down to the little cam inside.

Would normally call this a "serrure 3 points".

At last! Thanks EricD. This is what I needed to know. Found what I want on ManoMano site ...

"Poignée de porte sans ressort de rappel compatible pour portes d'entrée avec serrure à relevage 3 ou 5 points."

Much appreciated.