Labels for coffret électrique

nomoss

The labels on our distribution panel were pretty illegible and inaccurate when we bought the house, but after some rewiring and additions they became even more of a mess.

I decided to look for new blank labels to put on the old panel, discovered that Legrand sells a programme for printing these, and then found an enterprising guy on Ebay who has the programme and will print them to order at a reasonable price.

I checked and double checked all the circuits from my panel, and he very patiently amended his first proof as I re-checked circuits and discovered errors.

This is his Ebay advert

There are plenty of good printed (not embossed) label makers (étiqueteuse) available for less than £30 (a bit more expensive in France) Compatible label tape is a lot cheaper then manufacturer tape and seems to work just as well.

I've labelled my fuse box in English/French.

You will find a lot of other uses for the labeller, e.g. all those plug-in power supplies, plugs in multi-way sockets, cables, etc. so getting a dedicated one is worthwhile.

[quote user="NormanH"]
Thanks for that.[B]
Do you know it it is obligatory to have everything labelled up or just a convenience?

[/quote]

I don't think it is obligatory, but it is certainly advisable. The cost of service work will be a lot less if the electrician doesn't have to spend time identifying circits.

[quote user="pomme"]There are plenty of good printed (not embossed) label makers (étiqueteuse) available for less than £30 (a bit more expensive in France) Compatible label tape is a lot cheaper then manufacturer tape and seems to work just as well.

I've labelled my fuse box in English/French.

You will find a lot of other uses for the labeller, e.g. all those plug-in power supplies, plugs in multi-way sockets, cables, etc. so getting a dedicated one is worthwhile.[/quote]

Those new label printers do look far superior to the Dymo products, and I'm sure there are many alternative ways to label electrical panels etc., but having made my living in the sector for many years, I think that a professional-looking finish to installations is a lot better than a home-made appearance.

The best labels are pictogrammes say showing a light bulb or prise murale with the name of the pièce (salon, SDB etc) written underneath.

I still have my labelmaker from my contracting days, the cost of new tapes in France was exhorbitant, I bought a laser printed from Cdiscount for €29.99 as a standby for when my inkjet cartridges dried up and it came with a top of the range étiqueteuse and lots of labels, duracell batteries, mains adaptor etc thron in for free and the whole lot was delivered in 24 hours free also!

Far better than y old one as it has pictogrammes and icons in its Library.

[quote user="Chancer"]

The best labels are pictogrammes say showing a light bulb or prise murale with the name of the pièce (salon, SDB etc) written underneath. ...........................[/quote]

I agree. This is the final version of my labels, now in the post.

[url=https://postimg.cc/kRctLWDZ][img]https://i.postimg.cc/kRctLWDZ/Etiquette-final.jpg[/img][/url]

• 1 month later...
If you can work out which light bulb, or whatever is which.  We have several of all sorts, in different parts of the house, yes there are light bulbs, chauffe eau etc pictograms, but covered by two different boards .. and rather a lot of rooms, heaters, ovens etc - so we have yet to work out what really goes where ...