recommendations svp for an effective cleansing fluid for terraces

mint

With bleach, are you risking splashing it on your clothes/person when using in conjunction with a pressure sprayer?

I read somewhere that washing-soda crystals are effective against algae on paths. Haven’t tried it yet, though.

I used to use the thick gel type javel straight from the bottle, squeezed on to the patio tiles, then work it in with a stiff brush, leave a few hours to react, then pressure it off. Very effective.

For vertical surfaces/steps, I used the 5 litre bottles of cheap stuff poured into a garden spray, pumped up, spray the surface, leave to react. Wear a mask if you are worried about breathing in the spray, and old clothes!

Thanks, everybody.  I'm going to use the javel gel, as advised by lehaut.  Seems like the least hassle and nothing like working it in with a stiff brush to beat a session on the rowing machine?[:D]

Now just to wait for a break in the gusts of wind and rain to test a small patch isolated from the other areas.

No ericd, maybe we need a better pressure cleaner[:-))]  Also, we can't jet it too fiercely as there is a concrete aggregate, small pebbles buried in concrete, making patterns on the terrasses and the pebbles can simply wash off....gggrrrr