Wanted: someone to lay patio slabs

april09

Is there anyone who can lay approximately 30 m2 of patio slabs (50 x 50cms) for us, Quillan area. Ground is level and there is only minimal cutting required. Need to be laid using cement rather than set in sand.

If only! I have phoned and emailed more than 20 companies in the past 4 weeks, no-one is available until Oct/Nov. Even the company we had booked in to do the work in May has postponed until next spring! We have all the materials just need someone to do the work!

Have you looked in your local Paruvendu, to see if any jack of all trades is after work? Or even a proper artisan.

All I can think of.

We always had problems getting people to do work when we wanted. And the only occasion we got someone in who was available was because they were well, good at talking the talk and that was it. What can I say but, chose your adjective......... I shall say they were 'rubbish' but I have used really bad words about them IRL, as they cost us a fortune to have the job redone.

OK, yes,  Bon Coin, Paruvendu, free papers with adverts.

When we bought our house, we were so busy we forgot to book an artisan to do a big job. Ofcourse by the time we tried to find one and needed to get the work done we couldn't find anyone who was not completely booked up for months and months. And then I found someone, sounded great, had all the right chat and could come within a couple of weeks.

Their work needed completely replacing a couple of years later and their office had closed within a year of doing our work.

So as I said, they were 'rubbish', but in real life, I use  a far worse word or sometimes an expression  to describe them. I'll leave that to you to chose which adjective or expression I use to describe them.

We had been desperate to get the work done, and we were young, and hadn't realised what 'bad' people there were in the world, it was the first time such a thing had happened to us. One lives and learns and the experience was very costly.