Where to stick our money?

tim_ironmonger

No funny comments please.

I have just rang Cahoot to see if they would agree to forward any future correspondance to our temporary address in France, as the house here is sold (Jan 31st 2003). There reply was " you cannot have an Account with us Mr Ironmonger as you will not be a UK resident"..............fair enough I thought I will give my mothers address, then another thought crossed my mind, would the tax office appreciate this? or would I be paying tax twice for the privelege of having a High interest account.....is there not an equivalent of "Cahoot" here in France?

you could try Bank of Scotland, I have both a Cahoot and a BOS savings account (BOS are paying more at the moment) and they don't seems to mind a French address - I have just given them my (temp) French address this afternoon.
Don

LAST EDITED ON 29-Nov-02 AT 09:46 AM (GMT)

Tim

Check out the ING Bank savings website (ING Dutch banking group who bought Barings after Leeson broke the bank)

http://www2.ingdirect.fr/ceo;jsessionid=0CMD0WAAAA4WSCSLJGGSYAQ?KEYWORD=MINI_EO

You can transfer to and from a French current account into the ING Saving account apperently without fees. Its the nearest I could find to a UK internet site and you can open it with a UK address too.

Roger