Looking for......

We have just lost what we thought was ideal (inc blue shutters!!), and so are looking again for:

- 2-3 cottages/gites (not apartments) with inground pool or space for one. One needs to be 3 or 4 bed the others can be smaller
- Renovated (although one unenovated barn for a games room would be good) Some decorating only may consider!!
- Not too much land.
- Not too diffiult to maintain as we would be non resident (electrics, boilers, fosses and roof in good cndition/up to required standards)
- Kerb appeal (very important), view if possible.
- Within 5 hours of Caen, preferably Poitou Charentes/Vendee -- Within 1 hour of decent beach (that's an ideal, we will consider further inland as long as attractive for holdays.)
- Within 1 hour preferably from 2 low cost airports.
- Maximum E300 000 including all notaires and any agency fees if applicable, private sale would be better!
- we can complete to suit vendors, within reason!

Of course wish lists can go on and on so I'll shut up now......

I have been helped by this forum a lot, but now the search is for real I feel justified in joining in!! Please email only if you have a specific property that is close to our wish list!

Thanks

[8-)]

My parents house, near Niort,  has white shutters and the garage door is painted in pastel green. The neighbours on the either side have white shutters and the house accross lane the shutters are a sort of pale lime green colour ..  

[quote user="Missy"]

...  but you 're not in Deux-Sèvres are you ? [:)] in Vienne folks do wot they like [:D]

[/quote]

That is so true and a lot of it happens at night in the fields and woods....................... Rave  Rave Girl

[quote user="jetlag"]

Hi Pool Girl

I know of someone who is selling a gite complex, with games room and it has blue shutters, although it is over 300k email/pm for details

Jetlag

[/quote]

[:)]I too know of a couple of blue shuttered gite complexes for sale but as Jetlag says they are over the 300k price.

BTW I sent you a PM with a link to an agent selling these properties.

It's been "photoshoped", just like the daisies on his other pictures... [Www]

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/IMG_0352.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/Bugbear2/IMG_0353.jpg[/IMG]

[:P] perhaps I should have put shutters lower down the list.....

I am even prepared to look at varnished, red or even green shutters, the blue ones are "icing on the cake".   We have looked at houses without shutters too!

I know I am asking a lot, but if you don't ask you might not find!!

Thanks for the suggestions so far, either not right or too expensive fior us......but thanks all the same.

I will leave the character assesments of those from different depts to themselves, not qualified to judge!  As for mole hills, prefer not to have them but no moles is no guarentees in life...a bit like like asking for a country house with no mice!!