Transferring money from Moneybookers to Britline

Aland

I have tried my first transfer of money and Britline say they will not accept it via e_mail. The address I used was -

[email protected]

Is this the correct address or is there another one I should use.

It appears that there is a way as others appear to achieve this simple task.

Thanks

I "withdraw" money into my CA account. The CA account is registered on my Moneybooker account. I've seen the send by email option but not really understood how it works.

John (99 usually, but 73 sometimes and always in my dreams)

Hello allanD

We have exactly the same set up as yourself and have sent money thru moneybookers to our Britline account for over a year now (around 10 transactions).
You must not send the money to an e-mail address!!!
Instead set up your Britline bank details in the "Profile" section in moneybookers. There you will see a "List of bank accounts" and the button "Manage". Add your account details there. Once you have done this, go to "withdraw" and you will see your bank details listed there.

Also, make sure you only send money from your bank account in the U.K. in your(!!!) name to the britline account which must also be in your(!!!) name. i.e. only Joe Bloggs in the U.K. can send money to an account in France with the same name (Joe Bloggs)!!

With regards to the money you have already sent to an e-mail address: this money will come back to your account if it is not collected. Perhaps give moneybookers a ring!

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all of the help, have now sorted it all out with your replies and the help of a very helpful member of the moneybookers call centre.

Have now sent the first transaction...just hope it arrives before the 21st when we go to France.

Thanks again

alanD

• 8 months later...

I have just found this helpful item via Search.  I have signed up with Moneybookers and I have just made the same mistakes by trying to send money to an e-mail address!  Now I have set up my Britline account with the help of Feichter's message of 9th July last year, but I notice that there is no provision for giving the IBAN number.  I thought this was necessary to avoid a charge (of about £13 from memory) from Britline for receiving money from the UK.

Has anyone experienced this and found a way of avoiding the "incoming money" charge by Britline?

Regards,

Chico

Hi Chico,

If I remember correctly, make sure your Moneybookers account is set up as a Euro account, Then all you have to do is complete the destination i.e. CA britline with the account number (moneybookers must apply the IBAN number - sure I didn't). Then transfer your money from you UK account (remembering to include your moneybookers ID number) to moneybookers. When it is in the moneybookers account  withdraw it to your Britline account.

CA have not charged my account as the money is transferred in Euros. There is a small charge levied by moneybookers but the exchange rate has always been very good.

Hope this helps if not e-mail me

Alan

Hi Alan,

Many thanks for your reply.  I spoke to Britline this morning and was told that I would be charged 16.75 euros each time.  This is clearly wrong on your experience and that of another forum member who wrote me privately.

I think you have put your finger on it by mentioning that your Moneybookers account is in euros, as mine is.  However, my earlier transfers from First Direct were all in euros and Britline charged me until about two years ago.

I shall give it a try and report back with my results.

Regards,

Chico

.Hi, Alan et al,

Here’s the update I promised.

I sent the money from my Moneybookers account at about 6pm on Thursday and it arrived in my Britline account on Monday, not bad as this included the weekend.  Britline made no charge.  I got a rate of 1.44359, which is about as good as you can get.  I only sent £20 as I was checking out the system and worried I might screw up.

The Moneybookers charge was £1.25 which seems to be a flat rate irrespective of amount.  I particularly liked the fact that they sent me an automated e-mail to say that my transfer from First Direct to fund my transfer to Britline had been received, saving me the need to keep logging on to Moneylenders to see if it had arrived.  That transfer took three working days.

The procedure is dead easy once you get the hang of it.  They could do more to explain the procedure to newcomers, but I think I shall stick with them now.

Chico   

chico,

I agree with you on the initial info...it could be made more clear by moneybookers. however, having said that since sorting it out I have had no problems with my transfers

All the best

Alan

• 1 month later...

I've just read that Britline is owned by CA. Are there any charges to transfer money through Britline or is it easier to transfer to my French Bank account using moneybookers?

Also how easy is it to transfer money from France to the UK through moneybookers with minimum fees ?

Thanks in advance.