Moneybookers yet again

Stocky

After much success using Moneybookers leading up to Christmas i am now getting the opposite.  I have been trying to withdraw money since last Thursday and am being requested to prove my French Bank details (That I have always used in the past year) yet am unable to do that following their rules.  They do not respond to e-mails and today I can't get onto their web site (Time Out) I am not sure if it is them or my system. Has anybody had any joy with them in the last week and is this just a hiccup.

i have had lots of problems with moneybookers, sometimes it has taken them upto 42 days to upload my money into my moneybookers account and from there into my French bank account.  I have had to prove that they took the money from my english account, by providing copies of my statements and even after sending them this proof, they still took their time.  They did not reply to my e-mails,and they never gave me a reply as to why it had taken so long. I did get a call from them stating that I should use this particular person and that the delays should not happen again, but they have so I have to say that I am very disappointed with there service and there customer service leaves something to be desired.

A week past Friday I transfered money form our UK bank to Moneybookers....it arrived on Tuesday and I immediately transfered it to Britline. I was amazed when it arrived this Thursday. This must break al records as the fastest it has ever happened before was about 2 weeks.

Must be one of the favoured ones.

I'm new to this forum so aplogises if I have got the wrong end of the stick!

To transfer money around I use www.halofinancial.com they can move money over to France and back again for you. It is all confirmed on the phone and its very quick and easy. In fact it can happen the same day.

Give them a call on 0207 350 5474 and speak to Dave.

Hope this is useful.

S

Hi All,

I am glad I came across this thread, I have never heard of moneybookers and have been using my debit card to withdraw cash from my Lloyds Account, this is expensive, moneybookers seems too good to be true at 1.80 euros, do i just give them my English and French Bank account details and they transfer it direct, and is it safe?

Thanks,

Ann

Hi Ann

I've never lost any money using moneybookers, however, I have worried about whether it's gone missing because it took so long! So, yes, I've found it safe. In fact, I've just given them some more money today!

You set up an account with them (mine is a euro account) I then instruct my bank to transfer money to it. When it has arrived at moneybookers I withdraw the euros into my French account. I set up my moneybookers account in euro's so that euros arrive in France, if sterling arrives in France I gather the French banks like to make an extra charge!

Hope that helps

We have used Moneybookers for several months. There was a bad patch when it was very slow but the last twice the money has arrived in two days (UK to France).

Our account with them is in sterling and we ask for a sterling amount to be transferred. They (Moneybookers) do the conversion to euros and send it from their French account - we have certainly never heard of a charge by the French bank when it arrives. Credit Agricole certainly do not.

The only downside we encountered was when we wanted to send to our son in Canada. Moneybookers do not have a correspondent bank in Canada so it was sent "Swift" and did incur a charge when received.

Hereford

[quote]I requested a transfer from Moneybookers in Jan 5th and it arrived into my Credit Agricole account on Jan 7th...I have made another transfer today, so I'll monitor it and report later![/quote]

having requested the transfer on 22/02, I see from today's bank statement that the amount was credited on 23/02... (€ to €)

No complaints from me

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have just opened an account with Moneybookers in Euros, - no problems, they gave me the details of their account in Paris, to transfer the money to.

When I go on line with my Bank (Lloyds), they ask for sort code and account number for the transaction, o.k. but the problem is that the French bank has a different sort code and account number than the English banks,  and Lliods give me an error when I ty to use it. How do I get round this, I have sent an e mail to moneybookers but haven't received a reply.

If I ring Lloyds and ask them to transfer the money to Moneybookers in Paris, then surely this is an international transfer and will incurr a fee, I might as well send the money to my own French Bank if that is the case.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Ann

Ann,

You need to set up your moneybookers account as a sterling account. That way it is linked to a UK bank account and you can make a transfer online from Lloyds without charge.

You then set up your French bank account details in Moneybookers. This allows you to 'withdraw' the funds you have just transferred to Moneybookers into your French account. The charge for this is 1.80 Euros.

Hope this helps.

Stephen.

We set up a sterling account with Moneybookers but because our home is in France their computer system assumed we would want to upload to a French bank. As soon as we asked for a UK bank to use for uploads we were given the sort code etc and we transfer money from Barclays to Moneybookers Lloyds account. It then is withdrawn to France (it still says £'s) but as the previous poster says the charge, by Moneybookers, is 1.80 euros. There is no further charge by the French bank because Moneybookers send it from their French bank.

It seems to be working well at the moment, after delays a few months ago.

Hereford

Hi All,

just received my reply from Moneybookers - In French!. as follows:-

Cher Monsiueur,

Nous vous remercions de nous avoir contacté.

Nous vous prions de noter que comme vous voudriez effectuer un transfert d'un compte bancaire hors de votre pays de résidence, vous devez effectuer un transfert international vers nos détails bancaires suivants:

account holder : Moneybookers Ltd.

BANK NAME : Commerzbank AG

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

BANK CODE: xxxxxxxx

SWIFT: Cxxxxxxx

ADDRESS: Kaiserstr. 30, Frankfurt, Frankfurt, 60311

SWIFT: xxxxxxxxxxxx

IBAN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meilleures salutations,

l'équipe de moneybookers.com

I have blanked out the account numbers etc. to be honest I thought it was a scam e mail I mean this could have come from anyone and I could be uploading thousands of pounds into their bank account, I wrote to them in English and my preferred language on the site was English, because I live in France they assume I am French, also this is an internatiional transfer which would cost me a lot more than 1.80 euros.

All I wanted was their English Bank Account details so i could upload from my bank to theirs without incurring any fees.

Ann

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

If you want the details of their Lloyds bank in the UK here you go (copy/paste from my Moneybookers account in GBP):

Please transfer from a bank account in your name any amount of your choice to:

Account holder:Moneybookers Ltd.
Bank:Lloyds TSB
City/Town:London
Account number:02645038
Sort / Bank Code:300009
Account currency:GBP
Reference:

Your user ID - MUST BE PROVIDED!

• !!! NO cash / 3rd party deposits !!! Due to anti-money laundering regulations we CANNOT ACCEPT cash deposits or bank transfers made by parties other than xxxxxx. We will make NO EXCEPTION from this rule. YOU WILL BE CHARGED all banking and administrative costs to return any such payment. Read more
  • Currency of payments: We recommend you to send the transfer in the above specified account currency. For transfers in other currencies and/or cases where the specified currency differs from the Moneybookers account currency, you may be subject to foreign exchange charges.
  • We cannot debit the amount from your bank account: You need to instruct the bank transfer by yourself!
  • Online Banking: Make your payment directly online if you have an Internet banking account with any of the following institutions:

[quote]Hi All, I have just opened an account with Moneybookers in Euros, - no problems, they gave me the details of their account in Paris, to transfer the money to. When I go on line with my Bank (Llo...[/quote]

Hi,

I'd like to send some money from my french bank account to my UK account. So I suppose I need to ask for the Moneybooker's bank details in Paris ?

If anybody has got them could you please PM them to me.

Cheers !