french credit cards visa mastercard etc

champagnes

I'm not aware of the existance of a French Credit card (a la Barclaycard). I have an Egg card issued in France, but it is not really French. Who is your issuer?

The Egg T&C's don't mention this type of cover (although the print is very small, in French & I havn't got my glasses). I think that the rights you mention are rather "English".

Nick said ".... I have an Egg card issued in France, but it is not really French. Who is your issuer? The Egg T&C's don't mention this type of cover (although the print is very small, in French & I havn't got my glasses). I think that the rights you mention are rather "English"."

There is, I think some cover against theft or non arrival of goods with Egg, if you take out the optional l'assurance Egg Sécurité (look at http://www.egg.fr/egg/public) Too much for me to go through at the moment but do have a look)

Nick, what do you mean by "not really French" ? The French arm of EGG are now owned by one of the "biggies" in French finance, Banque Accord (Auchan and all that etc !)We are soon (today ?) to have news of a change of name I believe, as well.

Egg Max card is free as well but we prefer to stay with the Egg Original at 35€ per year but with 1% Cashback on all purchases.

Edit : EGG is now to be called oney.fr