Paying taxes d'habitation & fonciere online....

supercat

It's nice and easy doing it online, but I've noticed last year, that it takes about two weeks for the money to be taken from my bank account.   Is this the same for everyone, or is it just my bank (ccf).   I forgot about this when I paid this year, and it means that the delay takes me past the deadline for taxes fonciere, can anyone tell me if the penalty applies.   I'm sure I'll find out from them in due course, but if anyone knows, it would be useful to know ....Thanks!

I used to pay online when we were still in the UK and I seem to recall reading information saying that no matter when you actually do the payment the money will not be taken from your bank account until the due date on your facture. I used to pay mine as soon as I got the bill, in case I forgot, but the money was never taken until the due date which could be 6 weeks away (or a few days if that's when you do it).

I now pay by Prélèvement annuel and again it is taken on the due date.

This is my first year paying these taxes.  They sent me my bill to my UK address. I was debating whether to pay online or direct debit.  I decided to pay by direct debit.  sent them a letter stating this and 2 days later I receieved a reply with a mandate.  Then they sent me another letter saying that they would inform me 10 days before they take the money out of my account (which they did).  Money was taken out 10 days after due date.  I thought their service was excellent.