Finance

kjjb

Given that you know what R.I.B. stands for you can either go to your account page if you have internet banking and print one or more off. If you don't but you have a carte bancaire you can go to your own bank's hole in the wall network and print one off. Failing all these go into your branch and ask for one or use one of the ones that is normally printed within your chequebook.

Can't think of any more ways to do it at the moment but no doubt someone else will.

Benjamin

Sorry didn't answer the question fully. The R.I.B. gives details about your bank account, bank, branch account number, which you then give to anyone e g EDF that you are authorising to take payments from your account. Bit like Direct Debit in the UK.

Benjamin

Thanks for all help regarding RIB, knowing what  words are and knowing what they actually mean is not always the same thing, being a new home owner I am just beginning to build on my campsite french.  I get the impression that if I send a copy of a bank statement  that will do the job.  Thanks again.

[quote]Thanks for all help regarding RIB, knowing what words are and knowing what they actually mean is not always the same thing, being a new home owner I am just beginning to build on my campsite french. ...[/quote]

I hope you're right but I can see a code on my RIB that isn't on my bank statement.  Generally if someone says they want an RIB that's what they want and no room for compromise (this is France ) and you won't get whatever you send returned to you either. I once had to come all the way home to get an RIB because I had used up all there were in the cheque book and hadn't thought to carry spares.

Liz (29)