TVA at 5,5% for renovations

Sensorypulse

Anyone have any info on what exactly is happening about this tax?

I have heard the government is tomorrow (6th Dec 2005) making a crucial decision about whether the application of this tax will continue beyond 31st Dec 2005, and if they decide (foolishly in my opinion) to let it go, all work on or after 1st Jan 2006 will be charged at 19,6% TVA whether or not the devis was signed in 2005.

Jeremy

This may well make my plan for changing my heating boiler to a condensing type and fitting solar hot water unaffordable or, more to the point uneconomical.  It is not in France's hands unfortunately, iot is other countries such as Germany who are unhappy at this lower rate.

From what artisans have told me, the rate applies at the date of the client's acceptance of the devis (signature) and payment of the deposit. Therefore if you book in advance you can still have the lower TVA rate even if the work is done much later after the TVA has changed. Anyway we have been there/done that with the TVA rate for years and it keeps on being extended, for another year, and another year!

[quote user="Sensorypulse"]

Anyone have any info on what exactly is happening about this tax?

I have heard the government is tomorrow (6th Dec 2005) making a crucial decision about whether the application of this tax will continue beyond 31st Dec 2005, and if they decide (foolishly in my opinion) to let it go, all work on or after 1st Jan 2006 will be charged at 19,6% TVA whether or not the devis was signed in 2005.

Jeremy

[/quote]

Hello all,

Reading this thread with interest, though you may want to know this which came out of Brussels on the 6/12/05:-

BRUSSELS (AFX) - EU finance ministers have failed to reach agreement on reduced value-added tax levels and have decided to postpone the talks until the European summit on Dec 15-16 

Is it not Jan - Jan for the French tax year?

• 3 weeks later...