Looking to buy a Place in Landes (40) near the coast, Hossegor, Seignosse, Soustons

Hi I am looking to purchase a pad in this area and was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding local estate agents etc or properties for sale in the area. It will be a holiday home at least to start with. I am going out there next week to go surfing and look at properties, but was thinking it may be wiser to hang on for a few months to see if prices are likely to drop further, what are people's thoughts on this?

Thanks[:)]

If Hossegor is anything like its neighbour Capbreton, property is extremely expensive. We have just returned after a short surfing break there and had a quick look round in agents' windows. If you have a couple of hundred K spare, you may be able to find a small apartment, but further inland properties are quite a bit cheaper. Google immobiliers Hossegor/Capbreton to get an idea of prices.

As it's a seaside resort, it's quite dead during the off season, but the surf, and the surfers, are there all year round.

Have fun!

Edit: Have a look at the surf on the webcam at Dick's Sand Bar!

[quote user="zeb"]

If Hossegor is anything like its neighbour Capbreton, property is extremely expensive. We have just returned after a short surfing break there and had a quick look round in agents' windows. If you have a couple of hundred K spare, you may be able to find a small apartment, but further inland properties are quite a bit cheaper. Google immobiliers Hossegor/Capbreton to get an idea of prices.

As it's a seaside resort, it's quite dead during the off season, but the surf, and the surfers, are there all year round.

Have fun!

Edit: Have a look at the surf on the webcam at Dick's Sand Bar!

Lol I know I have been there many times and love the place and I have also been searching the net so am aware that I will probably end up with a one bed apartment which suits me fine for now. I only tend to go surfing ther off peak so I can rent it out during the summer, when the place is packed with families and surfers

[/quote]

I always feel like an Octagenerien Chumba Wumba fan when I surf / aka fall off the board- at least with a kayak if you keep paddling you do not look like a complete pilchard. Area is close enough to Spain to have been hit by their real estate problems if the weather is bad have a day across the border and look at prices there. If I was young as well as stupid ( as opposed to old and simply stupid ) and looking for somewhere to rent out when not using I might look for somewhere close to both snow boarding and the beaches. Best of luck anyway.

SW - you should be OK then as apartments are being built all over the place there!

Anton - we are both old and probably look as daft on a snowboard as a surfboard! Have to agree though, would be good to catch renters for both seasons.

[quote user="zeb"]

SW - you should be OK then as apartments are being built all over the place there!

Anton - we are both old and probably look as daft on a snowboard as a surfboard! Have to agree though, would be good to catch renters for both seasons.

[/quote]

Lol, Ok but I would like to be able to use it in the off peak periods so not too worried about snowboarders etc, anyways it will be at least an hour and a half away for that...now there's an idea me to use it in the winter for snowboarding...