Investments PEA?

andyasj

I am intending to retire to France and am looking for tax efficient investments schemes (in France).

Can anyone tell me about Plan d'Epargne en Action (PEA).  I am told this is similar to an ISA.  Can't find anything on the web in english.  Lots in french but mine is not good enough.

Cheers,

andyasj

A PEA is a tax free share savings account linked to movement on the French Bourse. You are limited to one account per person.

They normally involve regular monthly payments, although lump sums can be deposited.  There is a ceiling of 132,000 euros which is doubled for accounts in joint names.

The tax advantage kicks in after the first five years (but social contributions remain payable) so any withdrawal before then means that tax become due.  Any withdrawal within the first eight years means the account must be closed. After eight years, withdrawals are permitted without closure but no further deposits are allowed.

Thanks - it does not seem suitable for me since I will have a lump sun to invest and will need to withdraw regularly.  I have heard of Livret A and Codevil but dont know much other than that interest is rather low.  It may be better to invest at higher interest and pay tax?  Are there any other schemes?

Thanks again, andyasj