demande de Certificat d'Urbanisme

AndrewD

I'm applying for a Certificat d'Urbanisme with a view to selling a piece of land that we own, in order to raise some cash, and I'm looking for advice about filling in the form.

The land consists of about 7300m2 registered as 3 separate parcels on the cadestral.  If part of the land is constructible, it will increase the value considerably over agricultural land, and if the parcels could be separated, and separately constructible, it could be even more advantageous.

Should I mention just one of the parcels in the demande de CdU, or should I list all 3 parcels and indicate a property development on one of them?

Also, do I need to submit a plan showing the location within the parcel where the property is proposed to be built.  I imagine that if I can sell the land, the buyer would want to make this decision.

Any help with this, or other tips, gratefully appreciated.

You should consult the PLU (Plan Local d'Urbanism) at your Mairie which will tell you what zone your land is in, and therefore whether you have any hope of gaining a CU. The CU should describe the type of development and the plot size, so if you want to sell 3 separate plots you will need to apply for 3 CUs.

If the Maire gives you a verbal OK, it may pay you to employ a Geometre to measure the plots,register them and get all the permissions required. The usual bugbear is access and the DDE normally has to give the OK on this. Having been down this road ,don't expect anything to happen very quickly.

Regards.