Banking Comparison Site

irlandais

[quote]but I've never heard of them before...[/quote]

I have and, as far as I know, they're good. They are much better known to me as stockbrokers but, unlike in the UK (where, incidentally, Boursorama bought ComDirect a couple of years ago), where all the major banks bought a stockbroker after Big Bang in the 1980s, it seems to me (and I may be completely wrong - if you dig down, you may find more banks) that here the Brokers have added banking in order to compete better (in particular to be able to offer PEAs).

[quote user="chessfou"]

I have and, as far as I know, they're good. They are much better known to me as stockbrokers but, unlike in the UK (where, incidentally, Boursorama bought ComDirect a couple of years ago), where all the major banks bought a stockbroker after Big Bang in the 1980s, it seems to me (and I may be completely wrong - if you dig down, you may find more banks) that here the Brokers have added banking in order to compete better (in particular to be able to offer PEAs).

[/quote]

Useful info chessfou, thanks.

Keeping in mind how much the French love bureaucracy, how difficult is it to switch your bank?

Some Fench banks have leaflets saying they will do all the paperwork for you standing orders for you. Opening an account is a lot simpler I think than in England just take the norml stuff with you (Wedding [if you have one] and Birth Certificates, a couple of Bills like EDF and French Telecom). If you live here a tax form is probably the best because it proves, to a degree, that you are resident. If you have not completed your purchase of a house then you can get a letter from the Notaire which is what we did.

Am I right in my understanding from their website that Boursorama also give interest on their current account if you have over 1,500 Euros in it?