Personal Tax payable in France

Arthur and Lyn

Hi, we live in 66 and are having problems with tax.  Apparently there has been a book published in the Dordogne explaining the tax situation written in english.  There are a group of us here trying to do the same sort of thing and wonder if there is any way of getting the book sent here ? Is there anyone who can help please?

You could do a search on here, for tax returns and 2042

There is little on filling in a French tax return that has not been covered in the recent past.  Have a look back at May 2006 for a lot of info.  The problem with tax books is they are often out of date and in some cases just plain inaccurate.

[quote user="Arthur and Lyn"] Is there anyone who can help please?[/quote]

I completely agree with Ron about books becoming out-of-date very quickly here as the tax laws seem to change every year at present.

This site has some useful up to date info in English, there are lots of different articles to read.

here

Sue

as a relatively new forum user who is going to be spending some time here when I/we move over in September this year I felt I acctually might be able to contribute to this thread, maybe un-inteligently, but then again in a sharing way [img]http://www.completefrance.com/cs/images/emotions/w00t.gif[/img]  I came accros this PDF booklet on a search for information on French tax...  http://www.impots.gouv.fr/portal/deploiement/p1/fichedescriptive_1006/fichedescriptive_1006.pdf  I have not read it and accept no liability for its correctness or accuracy because I simply do not know myself...  but thought in the context of this thread it might be of value, either to help o=someone do their taxes or understand them more, or simply to demonstrate how things might easily be out of date...  [img]http://www.completefrance.com/cs/images/emotions/sick.gif[/img]

Thank you for the link, a useful overview. It's short on the sort of detail that I think the OP was looking for, but that means that despite being two years old it's still mostly valid.

I rather liked one of the internet links given - www.minefie.gouv.fr - actually the finance ministry, but when I first saw it I saw the word 'minefield' which sums up French taxation nicely. Particularly the social charges as described (very well) in the booklet.

[quote user="avinalarf"]Why not learn french - I'm sure that view will prove controversial.[/quote]

Not at all controversial, it's got to be right at the top of the list of recommendations for anybody living in or contemplating moving to France.