Claiming tax relief on boiler installation

Chrissie

When filling out box WH on form 2042 (for cost of new condensing boiler or similar), I know you can only claim for the cost of the material and not the installation.  But is it the total material cost, TTC, or is it the 25% relief (presumably 25% of cost TTC) that you put in the box?

(I thought someone posted about this recently, but couldn't find it when searching.)

Chrissie (81)

If no-one replies who has experience of  this then I would suggest you give your tax office a ring or send them an email, so you know for sure.

On the front page, near the top RH corner, of our 2042 there is the tel no and email address for our local office; I emailed our office with a query yesterday and received a comprehensive reply very quickly.

Sue

That was correct Chas, you can claim for the cost of the fire but not the man hours and it must be on one invoice

Official line from French Impots on this :
vous devez avoir une seule facture faite par

l'artisan qui a vendu et installé l' équipement de chauffage

V
ous devez déclarer le  prix TTC mais  le coût

de la main d'oeuvre est exclu.

Translation:

You must have a single invoice  from an artisan (registered) who sold AND installed the heating equipment.  You must declare the price inclusive of tax but the cost of the man hours is excluded.  This means that heaters, fires etc bought yourself from a brico type store and installed by yourself or a registered artisan are not eligible for this tax refund.  You can declare this amount on line, you must keep the supporting documents for three years in case of an inspection.

Hello

Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the claims for relief on a boiler installation. I have not put the details on a tax return and wonder whether I can include it next year.

David

You should call the tax office tel number shown at the top of your form, they'll explain how to go about it.

You should still be able to correct your 2006 declaration, but I would not put them on the 2007 declaration as the invoice date might be checked.

That is correct Clair, you can make an amended tax return ONLY if the installation was in 2006 but if it was for a previous year, you have to write to the tax office.  I had this becauise I did not know that I could claim for my new boiler.  The SW tax office help line Mme Riboulet, told me after the deadline for tax declarations had passed:

"It is too late to make an amended tax return, but

if you think that your income tax is wrong you have to writte a letter to the

Directeur des services fiscaux  of your town, to make a " reclamation"  ; explain what is wrong and

join a copy of your supporting document (bill) with the date of

payment".

I've just claimed for a woodburner.  The tax office told me I could only claim on the cost of the woodburner, not the associated chimney parts required to fit it.  If anyone has contrary advice, particularly from a tax office, I would be interested to hear.