Log burners Tax reimbursement

Nichthewood

Hi i am thinking buying a second hand "Rayburn" wood burning cooker. It will be used as a room heater as well as a cooker. I will be fitting it myself. Can anyone advise me on whether the tax reimbursement would still apply and if so how much. Also would it matter if the cooker was bought in th UK as long as the Facture was in French.

Thanks

nich 

Just received our reimbursement.  Not sure if the scheme applies to cooker/heaters but for a heater the claim must be supported by a single invoice from the retailer for supply and fitting. Combinations such as a brico buy and self fit or getting your own purchase fitted professionally are not acceptable. 

I'm not sure how you could possibly purchase a second hand Raeburn in the UK and produce a French invoice for the impots.....[8-)]

The tax credits are applicable to professionally installed new heating and insulation systems.

Heating systems based on renewal energy sources - 40%

Condensation boilers and insulation - 40/25%

Low temperature boilers - 15%

They must have been installed by a professional artisan and supported by a VAT invoice.  The installation cost/labour charges and some ancilliary equipment/fittings are not allowable.