Buying an Appartment in France and obtaining a mortage for it...!

Hollie

I wonder if anyone can help. My boyfriend and I are planning to buy a place in the south of France some time soon. To explain the situation, I'm english and my boyfriend is french and we are renting at the moment in the south of france. We need to borrow about 80% of the total price for our next appartment and have no idea where to start. We approached a couple of french banks but they would not accept me as i'm paid into an english bank account and do not work in France!

We tried to work it on just my boyfriends wages but the bank would not loan him as much as we need...Neither of us has any debt also!

If anyone has any ideas of ways to start the process, I would be very grateful!

Hollie

Hello Hollie and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried any of the UK banks who operate in France? One name that springs to mind is The Woolwich which is now part of Barclays who themselves have a strong prescence in France. May be they will be willing to take a more balanced view on your UK earnings. With the French lenders you've probably gone into the too difficult to do tray. [:D]

Hi Hollie,

I can only agree with Benjamin. I am in the process of buying in Northern France, and after speaking to many banks, I can certainly point you towards Barclays.

Even better ( I Hope) I suggest you speak to Tanya Kempson, at Barclays in Cannes.Her number is +33 0929 96816.

Hope it all works out for you

Richard

Hi there

We have a mortgage for our French (and only) house, based on my husband's UK salary (paid into a UK bank account), with UCB.

Contact details below:

Catherine Font

Assistant to Charlotte Thomas

International Buyers Department

UCB 70 rue St Sauveur - 59046 Lille cedex

Tel: 00 33 (0)3 20 18 19 44

Fax: 00 33 (0)3 20 18 18 55

Email: [email protected]
Chris