Avis d'imposition - received/not received yet?

chessfou

I read somewhere that the avis were being sent out in August and September, so I'm not quite panicking but am getting a bit nervous that we've not received one (our first) yet.

There was a post by Irlandais back in August that s/he had received one.

The impots web site currently says:

"Les avis d'imposition sont en cours de

distribution. Si vous n’êtes pas mensualisé, vous devrez régler le

solde de l’impôt pour le 17 septembre au plus tard."

which kind of suggests that we should have received an avis before the 17th of this month (or maybe this is not relevant to first avis).

Is anyone else still waiting?

For those in second or later years:

(a) can you recall waiting this long in your first year?

(b) are any of you still waiting this year?

[quote user="chessfou"]For those in second or later years:
(a) can you recall waiting this long in your first year?
(b) are any of you still waiting this year?
[/quote]

I was so worried about this in my first year (2004/5) that I went to the office. The officer who dealt with me told me all was in order and not to worry, there was nothing to owe. My bill came in my second year and has continued to arrive like clockwork.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, and my local CPAM said they wouldn't renew my Carte Vitaille if I couldn't produce one. I went to my hotel d'impots and she looked me up on her computer and said mine would be sent out on the 30th of this month. So it does seem that they can forecast when you will get it - worthwhile going in and prodding them.

Colonel Mustard, I e-mailed my tax office to ask about the Avis d'Impots for precisely that reason (I had been asked for it by my CPAM).  I gave the CPAM the copy of their e-mail response (explaining why I did not have one), a copy of my tax return, and a copy of the electronic signiature from the Impots website (I filled it in on line) to verify that it had been submitted. My CPAM was very happy with this as an alternative to the Avis.

Well, I have received ours now, and they make no sense to me whatsoever - headed up as Avis d'impot.

Where on earth does it say what I have to pay ?   I must be unnaturally stupid but it just makes no sense to me.

I can feel myself panicking (so much so that I can't spell any more) because it seems to go back to 2004 (we moved here in April 2006).

Can anyone help please !!

Me again - that was a really stupid question, because my french is not that bad.   I was totally thrown by the last thing on the page of one of them which declared 12,015 euros (something to do with plafond pour les cotisations), which I (deep breath, deep breath) for one awful moment thought was what I had to pay !

Anyway, it shows zero, which I find really strange, as I declared interest from my French bank account and also a small amount of interest from Uk account (one month before we transferred money here).   Therefore I was expecting to pay 11% of all the interest I have received.    And I must have filled the form in correctly because we got called in to tax office (for not doing so first time !) and went through it all with nice tax lady.

Puzzled; should be happy but always worry that something will come back to bite me !

• 3 weeks later...