CAPITAL GAINS

We plan to put our house on the market in a couple of months time and in no rush for a buyer (if it happens, it happens!) just wondered though about any any taxes we will be liable for when we do eventually sell.

Also, I've been told that there are still people out there in Europe who are looking for larger, renovated houses... hope so!

[quote user="writersblock"]I've been told that there are still people out there in Europe who are looking for larger, renovated houses...
[/quote]

Nowhere near as many as there are larger, renovated, houses on the market. On the other hand, smaller unrenovated ones are still selling.

[quote user="writersblock"]We plan to put our house on the market in a couple of months time and in no rush for a buyer (if it happens, it happens!) just wondered though about any any taxes we will be liable for when we do eventually sell.
Also, I've been told that there are still people out there in Europe who are looking for larger, renovated houses... hope so! [/quote]

You need to provide more information.  The most important is:  Where is your house - in the UK or France?  Is it your main residence?  How long have you owned it?

There is a lot of information about capital gains tax on this Forum, if you use the search facility, such as this:

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=capital%20gains%20tax&f=&u=