Fonciere * D'Habitation

ChrisintheNoir

Hello all, I'm hoping someone will be able to help.

I've been renovating a property for a couple of years and now it is nearing completion I am trying to get a projection of my finances for next year.

A couple of figures I'm currently trying to find out are the Fonciere and D'Habitation. Obviously I'm not expecting anyone to give me an exact figure but a ball park one would be good.

It is a 2 bedroom stone property of roughly 140m2 floorspace in a plot of c.1350m2 (no pool) in 24 (near Montignac). If anyone has any figures that could give me any indication of what I should expect to be paying it would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

I also live near Montignac and find that these taxes in this area are quite cheap. That will depend on many things though, if the house is remote, if it is in a village and many other things. You will find that it is cheaper than the tourist hotspots like Sarlat or Les Eyzies.

I also have 2 bedrooms, no pool and 14,000 square meters of land, but our bills combined are around 400 euros. Having said that our habitation this year was only 48 euros due to a low income, and we are very remote.

A friend of mine has a property that they are restoring near Ruffec which is not habitable yet, but they have been told they must pay the tax d"habitation as well as the tax fonciere, except for the t.v. licence part. Is this correct? I understood if it wasn't furnished at the beginning of the year you didn't pay the tax d'habitation part.