Taxe D'Habitation

donc

Hi.

I am confused with my Habitation taxe this year.

Last year  in my 1st full year of ownership I got 1 bill for 78 euros. TV not included.

This year I have received 2 bills. One for 79 euros and one including TV for 638 euros.

The address differs slightly on the bills and nature of property.

I own a very small studio in Chamonix with undergroud parking so 638 seems very steep.Its is more then my taxe Foncieres.At present I do not have TV so can I get this removed.

Anybody found themselves in a similar position with 2 seperate bills?

DonC

[quote user="donc"]

This year I have received 2 bills. One for 79 euros and one including TV for 638 euros.

The address differs slightly on the bills and nature of property.

I own a very small studio in Chamonix with undergroud parking so 638 seems very steep.Its is more then my taxe Foncieres.At present I do not have TV so can I get this removed.

[/quote]

That's a bit confusing.  Are they both for the same property, or have you 2 properties?  Have you spoken to your Tresor responsable for collecting the tax?

Assuming you're resident and declaring your income, your combined taxe d'hab and TV licence could go up enormously in year 2 if your declared income for year one was bog all (hence you'd have been exonerated Taxe d'Hab and just have to pay the TV licence) but you then declared a decent income in year 2 (so you have to pay a decent rate of taxe hab as well).

I suspect the 79 Euros is for the parking space and the 638 for the flat.

People can be misled into thinking that property taxes throughout France are at bargain basement levels. They are not. In larger towns they can be at similar levels to the UK.

If you don't have a TV or similar  drop a note to the local tax office, NOT the Tresor Public, and they will supress the charge for the TV.

Hello

Just trying to post my bill off , there is a little green oblong to the side of the payment slip. It says on it Papillion réservé à l'adhésion au prélévement annuel et  à la mensualisation.

Any Idea what this means ?? Im guessing I have to stick it some where but not to sure where, [:)] Hope it wont hurt ??

Oh and do I post it to the address in Lille which is on the pay slip or the address on the top right of bill ( my local tresor office ) or the address in the middle in Carcassonne which appears to be some kind of head office place thingy???

Oh and to whom to I make the chq out to ? one of the 3 above?

Many thanks for your help

[quote user="Pads"]

Hello

Just trying to post my bill off , there is a little green oblong to the side of the payment slip. It says on it Papillion réservé à l'adhésion au prélévement annuel et  à la mensualisation.

Any Idea what this means ?? Im guessing I have to stick it some where but not to sure where, [:)] Hope it wont hurt ??

[/quote]

It's only relevant if you are paying monthly or by annual direct debit (prelevement annuel) - You can ignore it.

[quote user="Pads"]

Oh and do I post it to the address in Lille which is on the pay slip or the address on the top right of bill ( my local tresor office ) or the address in the middle in Carcassonne which appears to be some kind of head office place thingy???

[/quote]

You should use the return envelope provided. Just cut round the paying in slip as shown by the red lines - and pop it in the envelope along with your cheque (don't attach the cheque). If you have lost the envelope then addrees it to Lille.

[quote user="pads"]

Oh and to whom to I make the chq out to ? one of the 3 above?

[/quote]

Tresor Public

Hope that helps

Hagar