Tax de habitation....late?

Jon 1

I have not yet received my T de H bill in the UK.

Are some departments late in getting them out?

What is the latest date that you can pay online?

I had a problem last year even after delivering notification of my changed UK address by hand.  Eventually I had to make contact by e-mail and it caused last minute payment problems.  I again emphasised my new address, but it seems that despite this I may have problems once again!

Try contacting the Hotel Des Impots who sent you last years bill. Their email details are shown on the bill.

I assume that it was the HdI that you told of your change of address, not the Tresor Public. The Tresor  cannot update such things, they only collect the money!

[quote user="Bob T"]I just pay both my taxes by direct debit and don't have to worry about them. I can't understand why others don't do it this way.
[/quote]

I do!

You have no sooner paid this years bill, when you have to start paying monthly payments towards next years. Given that the taxes are for the year but in my case are not calculated until 25th October and not due until 17th December it is rather a disincentive.

The simplest is to pay by Direct Debit. One payment for each tax, and the money is due  later than if you pay manually.

The details of how to pay are shown on the back of the standard Tax D'Hab and Tax Fonciere forms which I believe are national forms.

[quote user="Bob T"]I just pay both my taxes by direct debit and don't have to worry about them. I can't understand why others don't do it this way.
[/quote]

We do but because we moved department the authorities are not aware that we have already paid and have sent us a bill for late payment. We informed both the "from" and "to" authorities but they never seem to talk to each other!

Again, if you pay by direct debit and they miss the collection its their fault, unless you moved your bank account without telling them. The only danger would be of paying on the property that was no longer yours.[:(]

I find that many problems occur because people tell the Tresor Public of their changes, but the important thing is to inform the Hotel Des Impots, the people who originate the bills.

the authorities are not aware that we have already paid

But at least thats easy to sort out with your receipt.... your dealing in clear facts.....rather than subtle arguments as to why you were late

If you purchased in November 2007 you don't have to worry about the bills until next year. The first ,Tax Fonciere, will arrive in September the Habitation in November, with slight variations depending on locality. These bills will cover the period from 1 January 2008 onwards. Any liability for 2007 will have been sorted in the payments to the Notaire..

• 3 weeks later...