Money transfers

Charente

Salut - I'm new posting here but have been reading topics for a while. I've recently started the house buying procedure in France and I'm now thinking about buying tens of thousands of euros in advance as there is a run on the pound currently. The company I am thinking of using is 'Moneycorp', does anyone have experience of them? Clearly using a money broker is less expensive than using a bank for large amounts but are thee any unforseen risks?

Charente.

I used Moneycorp for the deposit, purchase balance and all subsequent transfers for the ongoing renovations and have not experienced any problems.

They have always acted quickly and effeciently and now only require a phone call if my money is going to the previous account.

Tim.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally I'd be seriously looking to book a deal sooner rather than later.

The smart money is on their being possibly 2 further UK interest rate cuts in the new year which can only serve to further depress the £ [:(]

I'd wait until after the holidays though as the markets tend to take a defensive position over this period and if you're lucky you may just see the present miserable rate improve fractionally afterwards before plunging again in anticipation of the cuts.

But then again..........................!

I just put a deposit down on my euros and bought some money to live off too. If  I'd bought on December 3rd I would be about £4k better off but you have to be philosophical about these things and think well I'm begining a new adventure and hopefully getting a whole new quality of life. Also I'm making so much money on selling my current property that it would be churlish to moan too much.