declare on line

krusty

[quote user="cheryla"][quote user="Panda"]

Was that your declaration de revenue though not your actual tax return?

[/quote]

Isn't it the same thing? - you're making me worry now!

[/quote]

Uh, no, you still have to do a tax return!  You will get the other forms through soon enough, 2042 etc.  The other forms include interest on savings other income besides your main income which is declared under the declaration des revenue.

Panda you have lost me.

I have been declaring my "revenus" for years on paper and more recently online and as far as I can see that is my tax return!

Nowadays the income the tax people know about already (such as my French pension, and my part-time work) are already filled in.

I have to add any other such as rental income, and fill in the extra form for any income from the UK, but once that is done, I have done my tax return

Panda

You have the choice of submitting a tax declaration either by completing the paper forms or doing it on-line.  You make the declaration official either by signing the paper forms or completing a digital signature for the online submission. 

Either of these methods constitutes your 'tax return'.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Panda

You have the choice of submitting a tax declaration either by completing the paper forms or doing it on-line.  .

[/quote]

Pas de m**** Sherlock![:P]

I am talking about completing my declaration de revenue which is a declaration for independent workers and also completing my tax return which is  a completley separate document and a completely separate return, both can be done online.  The Declaration Commune de Revenue only alows you to state your income from your main activity and is open now and must be completed by 19th May, this  is only used for claculation of cotisations I believe , the main tax return, form 2042 etc. which for me allows me to specify income from my main job as well income from gites, income from savings and income from long term lets,  this one opens and closes at a later date I believe.

So for me two returns, I was simply asking whether the poster who said they;ve just doen theirs had done the dec de revenue or the full tax return, is that so difficult to understand?

[quote user="Panda"]

So for me two returns, I was simply asking whether the poster who said they;ve just doen theirs had done the dec de revenue or the full tax return, is that so difficult to understand?

[/quote]

Yes I wish people who say they have done it already would maybe provide a link as to where they did it.

[quote user="Panda"]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Panda

You have the choice of submitting a tax declaration either by completing the paper forms or doing it on-line.  .

[/quote]

Pas de m**** Sherlock![:P]

I am talking about completing my declaration de revenue which is a declaration for independent workers and also completing my tax return which is  a completley separate document and a completely separate return, both can be done online.  The Declaration Commune de Revenue only alows you to state your income from your main activity and is open now and must be completed by 19th May, this  is only used for claculation of cotisations I believe , the main tax return, form 2042 etc. which for me allows me to specify income from my main job as well income from gites, income from savings and income from long term lets,  this one opens and closes at a later date I believe.

[/quote]

Yes, it's a bit difficult to understand when you start off by talking about completing a declaration des revenus - which is the French for tax return and which is the heading printed at the top of the standard tax forms - then later on you let us into the secret that it's actually a declaration commune de revenu that you are talking about, which is a completely different form.....

[;-)]

[quote user="krusty"]

Today I got a bit further into it , then came this message

https://cfspart.impots.gouv.fr/SSLAccess?op=c&url=aHR0cHM6Ly9jZnNwYXJ0LmltcG90cy5nb3V2LmZyL3BvcnRhbC9kZ2kvcHVibGljL3BlcnNvP3BhZ2VJZD1wbmEycGFyJnNmaWQ9MzA=

I think I will post the form. [8-)] [/quote]

Don't give up when you have got so far; it only means you have to have a certificate on your computer so that the impots know that is your computer accessing your tax account details. Follow the instructions and you will succeed. I did!

Honestly the hardest part about the whole operation is obtaining the certificate and once you have that it stays there unless you change computers.

Sue [:)]

[quote user="krusty"]It installed the certificate , but then when I tried to get to my space it gave the above message .........thanks sue[/quote]

Sorry I misunderstood your point: the text just wants you to click on a box, choose the one which says ' afficher le certificat ' and all should be well.

Sue

If you don't back your PC up regularly, I suggest you keep a copy of the digital certificate on a CD, memory stick or other device. We had to have our PC rebuilt this year, and when I came to register I needed a new certificate! Not too difficult I admit, but would have been easier if I'd backed up!! [8-)]