Load of properties for sale on Ebay

Just been browsing e-bay.co.uk and was shocked, nay gobsmacked at the amount of properties for sale listed over the past couple of weeks. Under the section House and Garden, there used to be about 350 properties for sale both in the UK and overseas. Today there were 79,000+ of which 15,000 in France. All listed by a company called property index. Never heard of them before but it must be costly and time consuming to load that number of properties, probably quite profitable though if any of them sell.

tuppence

Interesting! just had a look and it would seem that for less than 5000 pounds you can get take your pick of a multitude of  houses with heaps of land in an up and coming area of sunny Bulgaria. Skiing at the front door..next to no costs and friendly neighbours! Let's pack up and go...I'll buy 10 and bring my friends! ;)

You'd think that finding a house in France in today's market would be easy what with the number that are being advertised. But if you want to buy direct from a Private Seller it seems less easy. Even the Top Internet sites which give a choice of "private" and "agency" search options only show around 5% of properties are for sale by Private Vendor.

I cannot understand why seemingly so few people want to advertise privately but go to an agent who is only going to increase their asking price because of commission. Surely with the internet you don't need an agent.  I wonder if anyone out there knows of a website dealing exclusively in Private Sales? I'd be delighted to hear from somebody who knows one.

There is a website called www.leboncoin.fr which covers the whole of France. Within the site there are categories for almost anything, including properties. Some will be listed with the word (Pro) next to it indicating it is on sale with an agent. But there are a lot that have the details of the house owner making it a private sale. There is one on near me for €170000 as a private sale, but it is also on with a local agent for €190000. Worth a peek I think?

tuppence

dealing with a private seller will be at your own risk. If they decide at the last minute to increase their price because they found a better buyer or just because they think you have enough money happen quite often. If you use an agent with a card, you will be backed up by a professional company with legal advice and insurances. They also spend money to advertise their properties for sale on Internet and in newspapers.