final question on form 2047

loulabels

Just a final check...the only thing i have to declare on form 2047 is my 1 euro bank interest and think i've put the details in the correct places within section B and on 2042...however I'm confused by the very last box, V111 above where we sign the form at the end...this looks like its asking for some final total, should bank interest be listed again here too or is V111 for other things ?

I can't get over the impression that these type of forms, whether French or English seem to know people live in fear of completeing them with errors and accordingly, try and trick us...I mean the 2042 looks simple enough to start with, but even that refers, in its final question to form 3116...to kick of a chase that is fruitless...that form is nowhere! I don't understand why everyone is completing 3916 and yet it asks for 3116..maybe its just a typo though. ..just for a giggle!

Do you mean the box in section VIII, lolabels?  If so, this is covered in the Q&A:

Q         I have a UK non-public sector pension - how do I declare this?

A         Company pensions and the UK old age state pension are entered (gross) on form 2047 section I. PENSIONS, RETRAITES, RENTES.  The totals then go across to box AS/BS on the 2042.  

Finally, if your French healthcare cover is courtesy of an E-form, then you are exempt from social charges (contributions sociales) on your UK company and old age pensions.  So, on the 2047 section VIII  REVENUS DE SOURCE ÉTRANGÈRE SOUMIS EN FRANCE À L’IMPÔT SUR LE REVENU ET IMPOSABLES À LA CONTRIBUTION POUR LE REMBOURSEMENT DE LA DETTE SOCIALE (C.R.D.S.) - just write in 'Titulaire de formulaire E121 (or whichever E-form you have), donc je ne suis pas a la charge de l'assurance maladie' and leave the amount box blank.

However, if your heathcare cover is under couverture maladie universelle (CMU) and you are paying your quarterly 8% health contributions, then your pension will be subject to social charges. If this is the case, then as well as entering your pension(s) in box AS/BS on form 2042, you additionally need to enter the amount of your pension in section VIII of the 2047 and transfer the total to box TL (page 4, section 8) on form 2042.

That's it for private company and old age pensions.

Thanks cooperlola thats very kind; i work in France so pay my social charges from my salary and i don't get a pension yet, i just wondered if i need to put anything at all in V111, other than normal French salary (well, at least it's so low no tax is due!) on 2042 and my one euro bank interest, i have nothing else to declare - i just wondered if V111 was wanting the totals of everything that had gone on the form.

Then, no I don't reckon you need to put anything in VIII, but if I were you I'd wait for Sunday Driver to confirm this![:)] As I understand it, this box is for money earned in the UK (such as my own company pension, for instance) which is subject to a 0.5% social charge.  Not the case, afaik, for money earned in France, on which cotis have already been paid, and not the case for your interest or anything from section IV, which is subject to higher social charges.

Thank you kindly both! that's me sorted...I am now going to list my bank accoutn details on a separate sheet, with thier bank name, address, my account number (and opening date i think they need!) and hopefully thats that!

Can I ask another question on this subject please?

I have just filled in my first tax return and as I am covered by an 'E' form have left section VIII of the form 2047 completely blank.

Should I have also written explaining that I have an 'E' form or will leaving it blank suffice?

cheminot

Apparantly an accountant has ureged all E form holders to write on form 2047 that they hold a form, beacause it is usually missed by the authorities resukting in social charges etc being taken.

Being a belt and braces man, I have written a statement to this effect at Section 8  and also enclosed a copy of the E form. prpbably pointless but I feel happier.